May always seems to be a busy month. Mother’s Day weekend already started for me yesterday when I attended the mother’s day breakfast at my son’s school. He made a fabulously decorated bulletin board for me (it was very bedazzled) which already had a picture of him pinned to it. Very sweet. Now it’s time to turn to the two moms in my life! My favorite first mother’s day gift after my daughter was born was a bracelet set for mom and daughter. I hope to find more matching sets in bigger sizes since we both like to wear jewelry!
I have spent some time thinking and researching gifts for the moms. They do love photo gifts, but let’s face it, you have to plan ahead for those! So I have come up with a few last minute gift ideas for us busy moms who didn’t quite get to ordering anything ahead of time.
- Digital Photo Frame – And if you are confident she will like it, upload a bunch of pictures to it so it is ready to go.
- Netflix Subscription – If she loves movies or tv, this is an awesome gift.
- Bath & Beauty Products – My personal favorite is Bath & Body Works. Tons of fun lotions, bath salts, candles, body wash. They even had pre-made baskets.
- Flip Video Camera – You don’t need to be high tech for these easy to use small flip video cameras . I bought one at Best Buy for my husband last year for Father’s Day.
- CDs – yes, they still sell these! Or better yet, make your own mix and burn a CD for mom of her favorite songs.
- Magazine Subscription – Find a topic she likes and get her a magazine subscription. Amazon.com makes it really easy to sign up and they usually have good prices. Pick up the current issue so you have something to hand her and tell her she will be getting them for a full year!
- Book – If mom reads, consider strolling over to a bookstore and picking out something new from her favorite author or topic. Or if she likes to cook, get her a cookbook.
- Plants – For the greenthumb mom, get a plant for the garden. Get creative and try a fruit plant!
- Purse or Jewelry – This can get spendy and hard to pick out so be careful here!
- Gift Certificates – Tricky business. Some moms like this, some actually want something to open. My recommendation would be for a spa treatment, favorite restaurant, or anything mom would consider a treat and not too practical.
- Candy – Sees candy is always a big hit with the grandma’s.
If you have kids, add a homemade card to the gift for a special touch!